ADACOM organized the “CRYPTO THEORY & PRACTICES KNOWLEDGE BUILDING” course for ENISA
Knowledge Building on Cryptography organized by ENISA on 26-27 November was conducted efficiently providing interesting information to European Supervisory Bodies of Trust Services Sector. In the second part of the program managed by Adacom, presenters gave a holistic view covering all aspects of Trust Services such as:
- External auditors,
- Software and hardware tools used to enhance the service and customer experience
- New solutions and business models and
- Research and scientific approach.
Day two was dedicated to the application of cryptography in practice. For this second day ADACOM put together a program with different teachers and subject matter experts from the University of the Aegean, QMSCERT, Ascertia, Gemalto amongst others.
Considerations, challenges and concerns were discussed and exchanged not only between the interested parties but also among representatives from different countries. Variations in regulatory governance of Member States were identified as well as the need for harmonization to improve customer experience and promote the use of Trust Services.
The workshop succeeded into increasing the level of knowledge of Supervisory Bodies on the technical and governance environment of Trust Services but also provided food for thought on regulatory provisions, technical advancements and how these interact with Trust Services.
We would like to thank ENISA for trusting ADACOM and for their support and assistance in organizing and coordinating all required actions.
View ENISA announcement here
Knowledge-building on Cryptography for eIDAS Supervisory Bodies
26, 27 November ENISA organizes two days of knowledge building on cryptography for experts from national authorities. This course is especially organized for experts from national authorities, ministries, supervisory bodies, telecom regulators, etc. who are supervising the European trust services sector. The program consists of two days: One day on cryptography foundations and one day on applied cryptography.
ADACOM was contracted by ENISA to organize the second part of the program, on applied cryptography. The program covers:
– QTSP IT Infrastructure – by Kostas Noussias – PKI Technical Manager ADACOM
– eID and eSignature in motion: new technology opportunities and use challenges – Petros Kavassalis – Associate Professor with the University of the Aegean
– TSP roadmap to compliance against eIDAS – Panagiota Lagou – ADACOM, Information Security Officer and Evaggelia Papadaki – ADACOM, Compliance Officer
– eIDAS audit from a CAB perspective – Nikos Soumelidis – ISMS, eIDAS, GDPR Lead Auditor & Scheme Owner
– eIDAS Audit workshop – by QMSCERT and Nikos Soumelidis
– Remote QSCD solution, audit and certification process – Craig Roberts, CTO, ASCERTIA
– Remote ID Identification – by Gemalto
– Two-Factor Biometric Authentication Architectures using next-generation Smart Phones and Hardware Security Module OTPs – Panagiotis Georgakopoulos,
Regular knowledge building is important, especially in this case where regulators are dealing with a highly technical topic in a fast-changing field. ENISA is building up the knowledge of the regulators to ensure that the national authorities are aware of market developments as well as the security challenges, and opportunities, of new technology.